Batman: Arkham Origins is 3rd person action-adventure game made by Warner Brothers Games Montreal for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC platforms. My responsibilities on Batman were numerous and included lighting, lightmap optimization and creation, world building/composition inside Unreal Engine 3, prop modeling, texturing, baking, hero set piece modeling and texturing, vehicle modeling and texturing, materials, optimization and some atmospheric work. I managed all my level and asset work through Perforce source control.
Gotham Merchants Bank - For the bank level, I built and textured all of the floors, stairs, walkways, the belfry platform area, the front door and windows and some of the other playable areas. Furthermore, I built some of the walls, random props, and constructed all of the vents that Batman can hide in. I implemented all of my work into the level and made all the materials and collision where needed. I helped with the detail prop placement and general grunge. For this level, I did secondary lighting (following the Level Lead, Cameron Klevin) and all of the gameplay lighting (vents and predator lookouts). I also optimized, imported, created materials, created collision and did final texture passes on other artists work to ensure that the level hit visual targets and followed the concepts more accurately.
Gotham City Royal Hotel - For the hotel level, I created all the lighting in these images based on concept art. The level was built by Warner Brothers Montreal.
Bat Computer - This hero set piece was initially created by an outsourced artist but was not acceptable to the clients for various reasons. I had to remodel and re-bake most of it (assisted by Mitchell Stankowicz), build UVs, set up lightmap UVs, and build all the materials across its various meshes. I also placed it in the level and ensured its collision and lightmap density was sufficient for all the cutscenes that take place around it.
Vehicles and Gotham City Police Department Assets - I created a lot of cool little props used to populate the GCPD, much of it without the aid of concept art. All props went through the standard high to low pipeline and had a variety of textures. One of my other tasks was to create and texture the undercarriages and wheels for all of the NPC vehicles and then assist in implementing them into other artists vehicles. This included building a higher poly version that would be swapped in when the vehicles flipped over in cutscenes. I was also responsible for creating the GCPD squad car and all its textures and materials and bakes. This was based on the sedan body provided by WB. I made lightmap UVs, collision meshes, and materials for all of my art.
Pioneer Bridge Level - For the bridge level, I created some of the modular elements used in the actual architecture of the bridge. I also touched up some of the tiled textures, optimized some of the other artists work, and imported much of the content into the engine and put it into place in the level.
Copyright Tanner Ellison 2014